Crescent Breakfast Casserole

This is by far my favorite breakfast casserole.  It's like a big buttery breakfast sandwich...mmm...


Crescent Breakfast Casserole

1 lb roll pork sausage
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
4 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
pinch pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbl sesame seeds

Directions
Preheat oven to 375° F
In a pan cook pork until crumbled and no longer pink
Remove sausage from pan and drain on a plate with paper towels
In a medium size bowl whisk eggs with salt and pepper
Add sausage into egg mixture
Grease a 9x13 baking dish
Press one roll of crescents into bottom of dish pinching closed any cut seams
Pour sausage and egg mixture over crescent
Put in the oven for 10 minutes
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheeses on top
Place second roll of crescents on top, again pinching closed any cut seams
Spread melted butter over the top crescents and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Bake for 10 more minutes until golden brown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this on Sunday for a banquet for my sorority and it was absolutely delicious! My roommates and sisters raved about it. It tasted almost just like McDonald's sausage and egg biscuit. The only thing I would do differently next time is cut back on the butter (or maybe water until it came out of the oven to pour it on). It made the crescent rolls too doughy and I had to cook the casserole longer than I would have liked to make sure the top crust got cooked completely. Otherwise, it was terrific and I will definitely be making again!

Marsha Dean said...

I think to add a few hash browns and maybe peppers and onions would be good on this too. I have seen breakfast pizzas similar to this.