Skip to main content

Broccoli & Cheese Soup

I made this soup a few years ago on a recommendation from my sister. At first I was like, Cheese Whiz? really? But I promise that it is so good. It gives it such a smooth texture and a lot of flavor. I make it all the time in the fall/winter months, and I love to freeze the leftovers.



Broccoli & Cheese Soup

8 cups chicken broth
3 bunches fresh broccoli (cut into florets)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (15 oz) jar Cheese Whiz
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
2/3 cup flour
pepper to taste

Directions
Bring chicken stock to a boil
Add broccoli, butter & onion
Simmer approx 20 minutes until broccoli falls apart
Mix flour and a little water separately and add it to the mixture
This will help the flour from clumping in your soup
Stir in cheese whiz until smooth
Add pepper to taste

Comments