Skip to main content

Mississippi Mudd

A new take on an old favorite!  They are very rich, but oh so good!



Mississippi Mudd

1 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 Tbl vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme

Directions
Preheat oven to 325°F
Melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments until smooth
Stir in cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and salt until combined
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan
Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center
Spread marshmallow creme over warm brownies
In a small bowl melt 2 cups chocolate chips in microwave for 30 second increments until smooth
Pour and smooth over top of marshmallow creme
Allow to set and cool completely 

Comments

Shelia Little said…
My mother used to make this when I was a child and I have been looking for the recipe. I'm so glad I found it on Chef in Training link party. Thanks so much !
Anonymous said…
My mom also used to make this for us when we were kids and I have her recipe and have made it many times. I've figured out that sprinkling actual marshmallows on the warm cake is MUCH easier than trying to spread marshmallow cream.