Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Kentucky Blackbottom Pie

I have a few family members who don't like Pumpkin Pie...hard to believe, I know!  So this year for Thanksgiving I decided to make one of my sister's favorites for those who would like something other than Pumpkin.  It was so delightful!  Of course the big scoop of vanilla ice cream helped too.  I hope you and your loved ones have a Happy Thanksgiving!



Kentucky Blackbottom Pie
Courtesy of {Angela Watkins}

1/3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter, softened
6-7 oz milk chocolate chips (I recommend Ghirardelli)
1 c. chopped pecans
1 frozen deep pie shell

Directions
Mix flour, sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, and butter.
Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
Pour into pie shell.
Bake 50-60 minutes at 325 degrees

1 comment:

AG said...

I've never heard of a Kentucky Blackbottom pie and I'm starting to think I've been missing out! :( This pie looks & sounds DELICIOUS! I'l eat anything with pecans, but add in chocolate too and you've DEFINITELY got yourself a winner! :) I followed you here from the link party at Chef in Training & I'd like to invite you to come link up to my party, too. It's Tasty Tuesdays & I pin EVERY POST that gets linked up! You can find this week's party here from tomorrow: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=tasty+tuesdays