Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

It is my favorite time of year...PUMPKIN SEASON!  This is an awesome cake my mom use to make for us when I was little.  Funny enough she made it for me recently and when I took a bite it was so amazing how familiar it was even though it had been such a long time since I had tasted it.  It is so good!





Pumpkin Bundt Cake

2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F
In a large bowl blend sugar and eggs
Pour in oil and mix on medium speed until incorporated
Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
Stir in pumpkin until well blended
Pour batter into a well greased bundt pan and bake for 1 hour
Let cake cool completely before frosting

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar

Directions
In a large bowl blend cream cheese and butter until combined
Add vanilla and sugar and blend until smooth

No comments: