Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Shells

So I happened across this post on Everyday Good Thinking about how you can cook pasta in the crockpot and I was like...What?  Why have I not heard about this before?  You are probably thinking, Dah!  But I was excited.  So I rounded up my own recipe for Three Cheese Stuffed Shells and added some spinach.  I even thought they were easier to stuff dry...and to my delight...IT WORKED!!  This opens up a whole world of possibilities.  Now, to be fair you do have to be careful.  Your pasta can go from perfect to over cooked and mushy in a heart beat.  So you do have to keep an eye on it at the end for sure.





Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
Adapted from {Everyday Good Thinking}

1 (45 oz) jar pasta sauce
1 box jumbo shells
1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
3 cups mozzarella, shredded & divided
1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
1 (9 oz) box frozen spinach, thawed & drained
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 egg, beaten

Directions
Pour a third of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the crockpot
In a medium size bowl combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and parmesan
Fold in spinach, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
Stir in beaten egg until combined
Fill dry shells with cheese filling and layer in crockpot until filling is gone
Cover filled shells with remaining sauce
Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Place crockpot on high and cook for 3 hours.

No comments: